Part-time Afterschool Program Assistant
The successful candidate can choose to start in September 2019, or this spring.
The assistant works closely with the program director on daily organizational tasks, plans and supervises student activities, interfaces with parents, and maintains the program web page. Hours are M, T, Th, F from 1:00-6:00 pm and W from 12:00-6:00 pm during the school year, September-June.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare for the daily arrival of 50+ students for afterschool classes (snack, check-in/out, escort to busses)
- Monitor two daily Homework Clubs for students in Grades 3-9, helping them to
- organize and to develop good study habits; this may include answering basic questions and directions
- Provide care and supervision for students in grades Pre-K through four after school, on conference days, and when the School offers supplemental care
- Develop and oversee activities that are developmentally and seasonally appropriate and that align with the School's mission and culture; these may include but are not limited to arts and crafts, cooking, board games, outside play, cooperative games
- Build productive partnerships with parents so that they feel confident in the care of their children
- Assist with maintaining the Afterschool Community Page with photos, videos, announcements, and calendar updates
- Maintain attendance and dismissal records
- Ensure student safety by complying with all school policies and procedures
- Minimum of two years college education
- Experience working with students as a tutor, teacher, and/or counselor
- Experience working with parents, teachers, and students
- Knowledge of and ability to use Responsive Classroom training to resolve conflicts
- Experience with emergency/crisis management and conflict resolution
- Interest in educational work
- Must have patience, tact, friendly disposition, good judgment, enthusiasm, flexibility and developed communication skills. The candidate should have excellent follow-through with teachers, volunteers, families and students.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Instagram