Choral Accompanist (Grades 3-9)
New Canaan Country School is a co-ed, independent day school for students in Pre-K (ages 3 & 4) through Grade 9 living in Fairfield and Westchester Counties. Located in New Canaan, CT, and serving 570 students, our mission is to guide students to reach their intellectual, creative, moral, and physical potential. A talented and devoted faculty engages our students in developmentally appropriate ways, delivering a challenging curriculum that builds intellectual skills and fosters creative and critical thinking. We lead by example and challenge students to fulfill their potential, find their path, and follow their passions whether in the classroom, on the playing fields, on the stage, or serving the community.
The Performing Arts Department provides students with child-centered, age-appropriate arts preparation and performance opportunities through all of the Country School years. Experiences include general music, choral and band ensembles as well as drama and dance. The Performing Arts Department is seeking a part-time Choral Accompanist to join its team in 2020-2021.
• Bachelor’s degree in music education or other relevant area (e.g. performance, musicology) from an accredited college or university
• Keyboard skills sufficient to accompany elementary- and middle-school level choral groups in beginning and intermediate repertoire
• Accompany at the keyboard five choral ensembles numbering between 30 and 55 singers
• Lead occasional choral sectionals for groups of up to 20 students
• Assist in all aspects of a winter musical production (ages 10-12)
• Desire to bring the world of the arts to students ages 10-15 with energy and joy
• Ability to collaborate with a group of dynamic arts educators across multiple disciplines
• Strong written and verbal communication as well as organizational skills
• Awareness of and commitment to cultural competency
New Canaan Country School is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Decisions related to hiring, compensation, conditions or privileges of employment and termination are made in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. These decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, or disability.
Interested candidates should complete our Application for Employment at https://pmanager.countryschool.net/employment/, attaching a cover letter and resume. We also encourage you to provide the contact information for at least two references or provide two letters of recommendation when you submit your other materials in order to expedite certain processes.